Losers and Game of Thrones
There is no worse thing in a competition than a sore loser. I swear, some of the comments I’ve read when playing would make another rage. When do these people lighten up and remember that it’s just a game? Why are they playing to be upset? I play to have fun and enjoy myself, I lose more than win and it doesn’t bother me one bit. And yet there’s always one person ready to ruin the fun.
Let’s talk about good things, let’s talk about the Game of Thrones.
I know there are some good tv series out there, but the Game of Thrones is just something else. The fourth season has just started and I can’t wait to see the next episode. I know most of what’s going to happen, but to see it with your own eyes is a different experience. I’m going to assume you’re familiar with the series and today I’d like to talk about some outstanding moments in the show. Now mind this, it’s just my personal opinion. They are in random order, as I write them by memory.
- Daenerys Targaryen is one of my least favorite characters, but that moment when she got her army, speaking to the slave trader and the chaos that ensued was absolutely brilliant and showed how badass she could be. The track that went along with the action seemed to fit like a glove and we got to see the dragons in action.
- Catelyn Stark is a great example of a strong woman, and she is cunning too. When she was at the inn and met Tyrion Lannister I knew it would be epic. It wasn’t that big of a deal, but to see her rally allies and calling in her father’s bannermen, and how they reacted, oh my god the way they reacted to end the episode…
- Syrio Forel didn’t last long, but he will remain for a very long time in my memory, particularly the speech that has these lines: “There is only one God, and It’s name is Death.” Epic. And he was very important to Arya, one of my personal favorites.
- The Red Wedding wasn’t pretty, it was a shocker to those that weren’t prepared, but it was an incredible moment to say the least. I’m just glad they skipped some very gross details.
- Seeing Arya interact with Jaqen and showing that she too can be strong. She grew up a lot these past seasons, and much more is yet to come for her, I won’t spoil.
- Sam meeting the White Walkers. It’s actually funny how one of the least skilled fighters in the series has faced the biggest menace in the world and survives, twice. And of course anything related to the Night’s Watch is awesome!
There are more moments, but these are all that I’ll write for now. Maybe I’ll do a top something about my favorite characters sometime soon. Do you watch Game of Thrones? Is there a huge scene that I’m forgetting about?
Have a nice day!